lördag 14 april 2007

Påskgrillningen, del II

Ett hav av påskliljor runt husen i Äskhultsby. Fanns de redan på 1700-talet tro?
Mamma, jag vill inte ta kort, jag vill trampa på blommorna!
Scillorna (stavas det så?) var tydligen bättre.
I always feel like Wordsworth when we take the walk in spring up to Äskhultsby (I wonder if the daffodils were there in the 1700, when the village was built?) :

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

[...]
I gazed---and gazed---but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Inga kommentarer: